When publishing with Tellwell, you as the author alone take full responsibility for the content of the work being published. This is because you retain 100% of the rights to the manuscript and its contents, including all copyrights, trademarks, derivative rights, and other intellectual property associated with it.
Each print-on-demand and eBook distributor (Ingram, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kobo, Smashwords and/or ACX) has their own content policies and guidelines, and reserve the right to block publication of any title they determined to be in violation of one or more of those policies.
Ingram, the primary print-on-demand paperback distributor for books published through Tellwell's Managed Distribution program, reserve the right to block distribution (meaning the book would not be available for print-on-demand fulfillment), if the content of the book contains any of the following:
- Someone's name, the name of a famous company, or a famous brand without a license from the owner.
- Trademarks, pictures or names of famous brands, toys, games, or companies without a license or the owner's permission.
- Pictures copied and pasted from the web or any other place without a license or the owner's permission.
- The work of someone other than yourself without a license or the owner's permission.
- Misleading cover images or information that may cause someone to buy the title thinking it is something else.
- Summaries, workbooks, abbreviations, insights, or similar type content without permission from the original author.
- Content containing a total of 90-100% blank pages like notepads, scratchpads, journals, or similar type content.
- Content that mirrors/mimics popular titles, including without limiting, similar covers, cover design, title, author names, or similar type content.
- Content that is misleading or likely to cause confusion by the buyer, including without limiting,
inaccurate descriptions and cover art.
- Content listed at prices not reflective of the book’s literary value.
- Content scanned from original versions where all or parts contain illegible content to the detriment of the buyer.
- Content created using automated means or mass-produced processes.
Please note the following additional requirements as laid out in section 9 of our Terms and Conditions
- The author must be the sole author of the work and the sole owner of the copyright in the work
- The author either is the sole owner of the copyright in any associated images they supply for the work, or has secured written permission to use the same in the work.
- The author's agreement with Tellwell must not conflict with any arrangements, understandings, or agreements between Author and any other person or entity.
- The work must not violate or infringe upon any rights of any other person or entity, including, without limitation: copyrights, trademark rights, trade secret rights, other intellectual property rights, contract rights, privacy rights, or publicity rights.
- The work must not be defamatory, slanderous, libelous, or obscene, or in any other way illegal; and any recipes, formulae, instructions, or recommendations contained in the work are not and will not be injurious to any reader, user, or any third person.
The above requirements are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Related article: How does copyright work?