The illustrations process is extremely exciting, and you may well be understandably eager to see the final products!
We will do our best to get your illustrations to you as quickly as possible; however, please understand that illustration is an inherently subjective and artistic process. Indeed, you are commissioning original artwork, which takes time to create from scratch.
Therefore, our estimated illustration timelines vary based on the following factors:
- Your illustrator's availability and current project workload
- The complexity of your illustrations
- The number of illustrations you have purchased
- The time it takes you to submit revisions
- The complexity and number of revisions you submit
The following is a basic outline of the process and a rough estimate of average timelines:
- Selecting an illustrator and filling in the illustration questionnaire – approx 1 week (dependent on author)
- Illustrations Questionnaire review and initial sketch – approx 2–3 weeks
- Initial sketch revision – approx 1–2 weeks
- Initial sketch colour – approx 1–2 weeks
- Remaining illustrations sketches – approx 2–4 weeks
- Remaining illustrations revisions – approx 1–3 weeks
- Remaining illustrations colour – approx 2–4 weeks