If you would like to make a change to your book after its been published then please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, and a member of our team will be happy to assist you.
Note that post-publication revisions have a cost of $150 + tax per file (paperback cover, hardcover cover (if applicable), and interior; If you have ebooks, there is an additional charge of $50). As with the revision rounds during the design process, each round includes up to 150 text-based revisions.
The fee covers the design time required to edit the original design files of the book and create new print-ready files, administrative time required to upload and proof the new print-ready files with the distributor(s), and any fees charged by said distributor(s).
The estimated timeline for the post-publication process is about 3-6 weeks from the time you submit your revision files. The steps involved are as follows:
- Payment is made for the relevant revisions (interior and/or cover, plus hardcover and/or ebooks if applicable).
- Your Project Manager will email you the Octavo task links where you can download your final drafts.
- You will mark up the draft files with your revisions, then submit through the Octavo design revision tasks.
- A designer will implement your revisions, and you will be sent a final draft to review and approve (or you may purchase an additional revision round if required). (1-2 weeks)
- New channel files are created. (1-2 weeks)
- The updated channel files are uploaded and proofed on each distribution channel included in your publishing package. (1-2 weeks)
If you find an error in your printed book, rest assured that spotting errors in books once they’ve been published is an annoying but entirely common occurrence throughout the publishing world. Many traditionally published books that have seen several rounds of vigorous editing still make it into the hands of the reader with errors.