If you would like to make a change* to your book after its been published then please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, and a member of our team will be happy to assist you.
- If you find an error in your printed book, rest assured that spotting errors in books once they’ve been published is an annoying but entirely common occurrence throughout the publishing world. Many traditionally published books that have seen several rounds of vigorous editing still make it into the hands of the reader with errors.
Note that post-publication revisions have an extra cost per file (paperback cover, hardcover cover (if applicable), interior, and ebooks. As with the revision rounds during the design process, each round includes up to 150 text-based revisions.
The fee covers the design time required to edit the original design files of the book and create new print-ready files, administrative time required to upload and proof the new print-ready files with the distributor(s), and any fees charged by said distributor(s).
The estimated timeline for the post-publication process is about 3-6 weeks from the time you submit your revision files. The steps involved are as follows:
- Payment is made for the relevant revisions (interior and/or cover, plus hardcover and/or ebooks if applicable).
- Your Project Manager will email you the Octavo task links where you can download your final drafts.
- You will mark up the draft files with your revisions, then submit through the Octavo design revision tasks.
- A designer will implement your revisions, and you will be sent a final draft to review and approve (or you may purchase an additional revision round if required). (1-2 weeks)
- New channel files are created. (1-2 weeks)
- The updated channel files are uploaded and proofed on each distribution channel included in your publishing package. (1-2 weeks)
*Please note that none of the following can be changed on a book that has already been published, unless a new edition it set up, which comes at an additional cost for a new publishing package.
- Subtitle (if with Enhanced Amazon)
- Pen name
- Ink colour
- Trim size
- Paper type (if with Enhanced Amazon)
- Submitting an entirely new manuscript with substantial (more than 10%) changes to content