Under the Tellwell Managed Distribution program, you will receive your royalty payments quarterly, 45 days after the end of each quarter in which Tellwell receives payment from the distributor, provided that you meet the minimum sales threshold of $100.
- Canadian 🍁 authors are paid by cheque (we can pay via PayPal upon request).
- Authors from outside 🌐 Canada are paid by PayPal.
|Quarter||Month of book sales||
Date of royalty report
|Date payment received (*estimated range)|
|Q1||Jan - Mar||May 15||May 20-30|
|Q2||Apr - Jun||August 15||August 20-30|
|Q3||Jul - Sep||November 15||November 20-30|
|Q4||Oct - Dec||February 15||February 20-30|
To view your up-to-date sales reports, you can log in to Octavo at portal.tellwell.ca and click the Royalties tab.
Book sales are reported monthly, 15 or 45 days after the end of each month, depending on the distributor. For more information, please see this article: Where do I find my sales information and how often do I receive it?
Please note the following:
- If the total royalties earned in any given quarter is less than $100, the sum will be carried over and count towards your royalties accumulated in the following quarter.
- Net Royalties are defined as the total royalty paid by each distribution channel, and are determined by the Suggested Retail Price chosen by you. The price a retailer lists your book at does not effect the royalties.
- More info is available under Section 7 of our terms at tellwell.ca/terms
How are royalties calculated? How much will I make per book sold?